How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2485
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Was served with a motion to confirm and clarify arrearages

Customer Question

was served with a motion to confirm and clarify arrearages and/or credit. His thing is that I had filed for child support while technically living together. We were always fighting, he kicked me out of the house on several occasions, we were always on and off. the atty general assured me that it didn't matter that we were still living together and now he's asking for a credit toward arrearages.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes. but have nt hired.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: i haven't heard back yet. I need to pay him first.
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: not that i can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It also mentions that in the final divorce decree there's no mention anything about arrearage judgment and that it DOES contain a clause indicating that all relief not granted is denied. Does this mean he won't be responsible for any arrearages?
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
In what state is this? And is the child support order part of the divorce case? Did he participate in the child support case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Texas. Yes he participated in the child support case. The child support order was issued years before the divorce. Then with the divorce, no arrears were ordered. so now he's trying to fight that.
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
I'm still trying to get a grasp on what he's doing. Which case did he file his current request in? And can I see a copy of it?

Related Family Law Questions