How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Longhorn Lawyer Your Own Question
Longhorn Lawyer
Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11929
Experience:  Knowledgeable in all aspects related to family law matters.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Longhorn Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

James, can I sue him ? I was abandoned and that

Customer Question

Hi James, can I sue him for bigamy? I was abandoned and that is why my petition was kept on hold. Please advise what are my legal rights as married to a US citizen. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Longhorn Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
You don't have any immigration rights. The marriage is not viable to support immigration. As far as bigamy, that is a family law issue; I need to send this to the family law topic area.

Related Family Law Questions