How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-husband want residential custody of our son and not

Customer Question

My ex-husband want residential custody of our son and not both children.He sent me a letter asking me to go to court, our 12 year old son wants to live with his dad. What should I do?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I am the residential parent and we have shared custody. My son keeps crying when it is time to leave from his dad. I am a single mom with three children.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8-Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: His lawyer wants me to contact him today So we can go to mediation I tried to discipline our children, my 12 year old tell his dad and he comes and gets him. He said he will handle it, he ends up keeping him for a week. I go to get him he starts crying and making me to look like the bad parent I am getting child support for both children. What should I do?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Are you ok with letting the 12 year old live with his father?