How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife & I got married, after many years together. My stepson�

Customer Question

My wife & I got married, after many years together. My stepson's biological father is over $10,000.00 arrears in child support & he only saw him when my stepson was under the age of 2. I want to adopt him and have him take my wife & my last name. My stepson will be 9 in August 2016 and says that he wants his last name changed to mine, his mother's and other children that we have & are expecting in July 2016. What is the cheapest & quickest way to do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.Do you know if the biological father is willing to voluntarily terminate his parental rights?
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.
Also, what state are you in?