How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2485
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife decided she wanted to be separated after 24 years of

Customer Question

My wife decided she wanted to be separated after 24 years of marriage she's had a man friend for 15 months we've actually been mentally separated for about the same time can we just go ahead and divorce without waiting for a year? I work and live in my motor home, so she and my teenage kids live in the house. (2), we both want our separate ways, so can't we say we have been separated for a year, and divorce. A non contested. And divorce now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
If you, in good faith, believe that you were in separate residences, you may make that assertion, and your agreed assertion will be sufficient to be a ground for divorce in North Carolina. Does this answer your question?