S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

My wife decided she wanted to be separated after 24 years of

Customer Question

My wife decided she wanted to be separated after 24 years of marriage she's had a man friend for 15 months we've actually been mentally separated for about the same time can we just go ahead and divorce without waiting for a year? I work and live in my motor home, so she and my teenage kids live in the house. (2), we both want our separate ways, so can't we say we have been separated for a year, and divorce. A non contested. And divorce now.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
If you, in good faith, believe that you were in separate residences, you may make that assertion, and your agreed assertion will be sufficient to be a ground for divorce in North Carolina. Does this answer your question?