Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My ex and I share custody of 2 kids. I recently was hospitalized

Customer Question
for a heart attack, due...
My ex and I share custody of 2 kids. I recently was hospitalized for a heart attack, due to stress and anxiety. I spent a week in the behaviorally health unit, so the Dr's could regulate my meds for anxiety. My ex got a temporary order of custody of the kids while I was in the hospital, has kept them from me for 3 weeks. He has now requested my medical records. We go to court this monday
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Last year. He sued me for full custody, claiming I was a drunk and a drug addict. He lost, custody stayed same. Now he is trying it again
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: He has packed his new motions full of lies, telling the court I was put in hospital for alcohol and drug abuse, he quotes here say from kids and others to cola borate his story, asking for full custody and only supervised visits with my kids, who lived with me up til my heart attack
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
4/23/2016
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
You say that he requested your medical records - did he issue you discovery or just make an informal request?
Roger, Attorney