How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been divorce now years. In October, 2007, my

Customer Question

I have been divorce now for 12 years. In October, 2007, my ex-wife re-married. I stopped paying her spousal support per the marital Agreement. When she came back from her honeymoon, she said this was not a real marriage. I gave this to my attorney to handle. He sent a letter to her attorney explaining that she go married as evidenced by a Wedding Invitation; friends and family. Her marriage fell apart and she and our kids came to live with me for several months. I was concerned about the well being of our kids. Then she left. I owed her a balance on a property settlement. When I gave it to her, she signed a document acknowledging quote: "I have fulfilled all of my obligations under the marital Agreement except for Child Support". Now 7 years later, she wants back support. I have an attorney that says I have an up hill battle. I tried to settle. I strongly believe her attorney is on contingency and is wearing me out with attorney fees. Based on my information, do you know what are my chances on prevailing. My hearing is set for June 29, 2016.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there ---How long did her marriage last AND was it actually evidenced by a marriage certificate ? -Do you have any financial issues that might prevent you from paying any additional support ? -MARY