How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2455
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband left the home where we lived years . I am

Customer Question

My husband left the home where we lived for 9 years . I am now responsible for the mortgage payments. I am seeking assistance for the payments through and agency they told me my name has to be on the mortgage. I now have to refinance can I refinance the loan for my self
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
You would need your husband's cooperation or a court order and you would need sufficient income and credit to be able to get the loan. Is that what you're asking?