How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2447
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I had capital gains from separate property, and paid taxes

Customer Question

If I had capital gains from separate property, and paid taxes to the IRS for it, do I need to show it as income on my Income and Expense declaration(FL-150 in California) filed with the court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
You should include it as income, but submit a declaration explaining that it is not recurring income. There is nothing in the law exempting it as income for the purposes of completing the FL-150.

Related Family Law Questions