How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16625
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The last couple years I have struggled with drinking. In February

Customer Question

The last couple years I have struggled with drinking. In February I got into a fight with my husband and I hit him in the chest . He also was physical with me but the cops wouldn't believe because I was drunk. They charged me with domestic abuse and 48 hours in jail. The county attorney and my lawyer said after I signed the plea the no contact will be dropped then they said after my jail time the no contact will be dropped. Now today my lawyer told me the judge on this case is out for a month so there is nothing I can do tell he gets back. My husband and I want it dropped and we have 7 kids. It is so hard to communicate and it's causing more stress
Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Is there another judge in the criminal court that is currently working, that can review the case, while the judge assigned to the case is away?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is different judges each month
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My lawyer just don't do nothing he sits around and tells me he can't do nothing to help
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your follow up.Is this a private local attorney or a public defender?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mine is public defender
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your follow up.Unfortunately, if your public defender is unable or unwilling to file an Emergency Motion with the current judge to terminate the no contact order, then it would be a good idea to hire an experienced local criminal defense attorney, who can file an emergency motion to terminate the "no contact" order with the current judge as soon as possible.You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:www.lexmundi.comwww.martindale.comwww.lawyers.comwww.legalmatch.comWhen, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.I wish you the best of luck!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.