How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are my rights as a grandparent in SC? My daughter died

Customer Question

what are my rights as a grandparent in SC? My daughter died May 9,2010 , all of a sudden. My son-in-law married again April 6, 2013. I was getting the boys once every 2 months. But now I don't get them much because he says he's the father. My grandson are 13 and 9, they both will have a birthday in September. But the oldest grandson wants to leave his father. What can or should I do. The youngest grandson attitude has changed in a negative way. This school term the oldest grandson missed about 28 days from school. I am so disappointed in how much time these boys are missing from school. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking if you can go to court and request visitation with the boys?