How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118635
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife file , call the police had me put out of

Customer Question

My wife file for divorce, call the police had me put out of our apartment and had a restraining order put on me I was homeless no place to stay. This happen over six months ago now she decided not to get the divorce, what can I do to keep her from using my name and social security number from making bills.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
After she has done all of this and want nothing to do with her, she cannot just drop the divorce and you can pick it up and continue to pursue the divorce. At this point if you want to prevent her from running up bills or further damaging you, then you need to go to the court and continue to pursue the divorce by objecting to any dismissal and since it is filed already you should cost you less than about $1500 to complete it. You are going to need to finish off the divorce, a legal separation in Texas would cost you actually more now, since a divorce is filed.