How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34996
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 17 year old son who will graduate on may 19. he

Customer Question

I have a 17 year old son who will graduate on may 19. he wishes to go into the military but his father is giving him a hard time and won't sign the papers so he can begin his military career. we live in Alabama and I am the legal custodial parent. his father lives in Pennsylvania and only has summer visitation rights. is there a way around this so that my son can enter the military now and not have to wait until he is 18?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help
Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
If father has "visitation" rights? His signature will be required. So you can either convince the dad to sign off...or have the child wait until he turns 18 and he can enlist without parental consent
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.