How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 871
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 2 boys one 15 and the other 17 I just need

Customer Question

***** *****, I have 2 boys one 15 and the other 17 I just need to know what age can they choose which parent they want to live with by Montana law
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: They were removed from their mothers care and are in danger. But I don't want to deal with cps when they should be old enough to just come live with me
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.Typically there's no *definitive* age when children get to decide where they want to live, but generally teenagers (and certainly kids that are 15 and 17) ARE consulted by the judge regarding choice of living arrangements. That's not to say that their wishes are automatically granted, but barring any unusual circumstances, courts certainly do make the attempt to consult with the children on this topic. Unfortunately, can't jus say "I want to live with this parent" and it happens, without either involvement of CPS or the courts when the children are removed from the care of one parent; at that point CPS will almost always be involved to evaluate what living arrangement will be in the best interests of the children. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.

Related Family Law Questions