How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been with my mate six years helping him

Customer Question

Hi, I have been with my mate for almost six years helping him run his business. He through me out of the house two night ago.
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I'm not sure were I stand.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: He owns a company that I have run the office for him. First in my home and he dose pay for office space $1000.00 but he has never paid for me to work for him. A year ago he had us move but would not allow me to rent my home so he still just pay the office space. Now he has thrown me out of the house and changed the code.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: He is offering me $300 a week plus 5% of jobs ($5000.00 a year maybe)
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this. Please tell me: 1) What state is this in?2) Does he own or rent? Is your name on the title/lease?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.