How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was given temporary primary custody of our 5 year old child

Customer Question

I was given temporary primary custody of our 5 year old child but the child ordered me to leave our marital home in ten days. My spouse has violent criminal convictions as well as a mood disorder whereas I have no record, volunteer at church and have no means to find an apartment in ten days time. My lawyer could not give a reason as to why we are being kicked out (this is a 9 year marriage and we got the house 4 years ago- my name is ***** ***** deed) my spouse is going to request primary custody now that he was given the house so that he doesn't have to pay child support- I feel like the judge set me up to get him awarded primary by forcing us out of the home. My lawyer who I paid $5000 says she doesn't know why the judge would do this. Any thoughts
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?Thank you.