How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118688
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you do stand by guardianship in Wisconsin

Customer Question

How do you do stand by guardianship in Wisconsin
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to have the fathers signature
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A standby guardian is one appointed by the court who would take over in the event the originally appointed guardian can no longer continue with their duties. In order to get a standby (successor) guardian appointed, you must file a motion in the original guardianship case and the motion is a motion to appoint standby guardian. So, you have to file a motion in court to ask the court to appoint a standby or substitute guardian to take over in the event that this primary guardian can no longer perform or no longer wants to perform.
When you file the motion, if the other guardian agrees, then filing a joint motion to appoint standby guardian would mean the court would not have to hold a hearing.