How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28021
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a child get arrested and go to jail and the mother tries

Customer Question

If a child get arrested and go to jail and the mother tries to take them back to court for increase but the father been paying child support for 9 years what effect does that has in court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Can you please clarify your question? Are you asking if the fact that the child got arrested can impact and amount of child support paid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and how much impact does it have in court towards the judgment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Child support is based upon the needs of the child. If a parent wants to increase the amount of support paid, they would need to show a substantial change in circumstances and a need for the increase. The fact that the child got arrested, would not directly result in an increase for child support unless there was some type of treatment ordered by the court, which was costly, that would result in the other parent having to pay and contribute more. If the father has been paying for 9 years and there has not been a change which would result in an increase, then the request would likely be denied.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!