How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13753
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I had intercourse with a and I live in another

Customer Question

If I had intercourse with a prostitute and I live in another state and this woman comes back a year later and says she had a baby and says it's mine and says she is going to file for child support, what are my rights.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you. You have the right to request genetic testing so that paternity can be established. Only once paternity is established and if you are found to be the father can the support order be entered. Testing can be requested by the mother, alleged father(s) or the child or child's guardian. Genetic testing may be conducted provided there is not a final determination of paternity, there is uncertainty as to the parentage of the child or if paternity is contested. The Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) will order all parties to submit to genetic testing and will issue an administrative paternity order based on the results of the genetic test. For paternity to be established through genetic testing, the results must show at least a 99% probability of parentage.To find the CSEA in the county where this woman resides, call 1-***-***-**** or visit: Each of the state's 88 counties has a CSEA, staffed by people who are well-versed in Ohio laws, practices and who can answer your questions and explain your rights under Ohio law. If you need clarification or additional information, please reply, and I'll be happy to assist you further. Thank you.