LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

My child is 18 she turn 18 10/21 15 she stop going to school

Customer Question

My child is 18 she turn 18 10/21 15 she stop going to school but i have reares can i stop the child support but still get the rears
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is possible (and common) to terminate child support but still collect on arrears. Please see page 4 here The idea is that child support terminates when the child is 18, no longer attending school, gets married, or otherwise emancipated. This does not however erase past arrears. The state may even intercept tax refunds to help collect on arrears. Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly-Rate Positively-This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.Thank you and take care!No attorney client relationship is created as this is general legal information, not advice; and a personal attorney should be hired if one wishes specific legal advice for their personal situation.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information provided was useful.Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site:http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/Should you have further questions please post here; otherwise kindly --- Rate Positively--- so the site credits me for assisting you.Thank you and take care!