How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have court tomorrow where my x-husband has made false allegations

Customer Question

I have court tomorrow where my x-husband has made false allegations that were unfounded, but the court refuses to look at my documentation, as well as overlooked the declarations that were not signed by my x but is in his name. Is there any case laws that I can use in my defense that the judge will have to follow
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have consulted numerous attorneys, unfortunately due to his attorneys "frivolous filings" retainers have been quoted at 15-25K which I cannot afford
JA: Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: There is a past of domestic violence, and extreme bias as his family has wealth and owns the majority of Merced and Stanislaus county
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mediator is recommending supervised visits, where I have to drive 6 hours round trip for a 1 hour visitation for 6 weeks, I also have to pay for the services, the court is also stating that my 9 year old son can say no to the visit, but I will not be told until i make the drive down. I need help desperately in defending myself and getting my son back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Each item of evidence offered to the court requires a different "foundation," i.e., proof that the evidence is what you claim it to be, before the court may admit the evidence into the record. Each item of evidence may also be inadmissible for other reasons, e.g., hearsay, irrelevant, unduly prejudicial, privileged, etc. Because of the above, the case law that you require must be individualized for the various items of evidence that you wish you introduce. By example, a receipt for a medical bill is hearsay, if offered by itself, to prove that the bill was paid,. However, if you testify that you paid the bill, then the receipt is admissible to corroborate your testimony that the bill was incurred, and that the charges were reasonable. PG&E v G.W. Thomas Drayage & Rigging Co. (1968) 69 Cal.2d 33. That said, there is no way that I can analyze and explain a large list of evidence for you in this forum. That would be providing legal advice, which is not permitted in this forum, due to legal restrictions on lawyer practice outside of the traditional attorney-client relationship. Also, it could take an hour or more to review your evidence and provide a script that you could read to introduce the evidence. If you really want to get all of your evidence into the record, then I can send you a premium services invitation, and we can take the issue offline, enter into a formal relationship, and then I can help you try to make your case. I'm not trying to sell you anything -- but, if you're interested, please let me know.

Related Family Law Questions