How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9908
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My child is 22 just became a mom and going to collage. am i

Customer Question

my child is 22 just became a mom and going to collage. am i obligated to pay for her health insurance and school. a court order was issued in 2004 that i have too, is there a age where this ends
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
A few minutes please as I look into this.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
In 2012, the legislature ordered the child support obligation (and add ons such as medical expenses, etc) to be authorized until age 19 versus the prior age of 21. if the prior order allowed for support to continue through college, then that order is still binding, unless modified.Typically, when an adult child has a child, they are considered legally emancipated; however, one must still petition the court for an order of termination in order to cease the obligation. Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly-Rate Positively-This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.Thank you and take care!No attorney client relationship is created as this is general legal information, not advice; and a personal attorney should be hired if one wishes specific legal advice for their personal situation.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information provided was useful.Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site: you have further questions please post here; otherwise kindly--- Rate Positively---so the site credits me for assisting you.Thank you and take care!

Related Family Law Questions