How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2512
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Yes JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please

Customer Question

JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a 16 year old living with me because he was kicked out of my home. The mother is trying to tell me she can not be charged with abandonment or welfare of the child because they have had trouble with him and has been in and out since 14 living with different relatives. Is this true? I'm concerned about the well being of this child.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no, is there a charge for this advice?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
Are you this child's other parent? What state is this in? And what exactly do you want to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in TX. This child has been kicked out of his home at 16. The mother doesn't want him living with her, and takes minimum financial responsibility. Dad is know where to be found in another state. He is my sons friend. His mother knows he is here. I just want to know what rights this kid has to protect himself from the system and eventually get help to live on his own at 17.
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
I still need a bit more information. Do you want custody of him or are you seeking to have him emancipated? Or do you want the parents to provide financial support?Finally, do you know if there is a custody/conservatorship order between the parents?