How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 871
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex and I settled outside of court and this settlement was

Customer Question

My ex and I settled outside of court and this settlement was ordred as a court order. In this order it said my ex agreed to pay my legal fees. My ex never paid this fees as he agreed so my lawyer is filing a RTSC, but is doing so as me being the petitioner and is asking me to sign. Since this is between my ex and my attorney why can't my attorney just file his own RTSC against my ex. Why does my attorney need to involve me in this process. I am severly stressed from being in court this past year and cannot bear the thought of having to go through another legal process. Can't my attorney just file a RTSC against my ex with my attorney filing as the petitioner?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.I'm sorry you find yourself in yet another court proceeding. Unfortunately, the obligation to pay legal fees to your attorney is yours and therefore a motion to enforce (or similar motion) regarding attorneys fees has to be in your name. Otherwise, if your attorney isn't able to secure payment via your ex, he likely will go after you for fees, which is why it's in your interests to cooperate with your attorney. Does that make sense? I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.