How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to terminate parental rights of my kids dad he has not

Customer Question

I want to terminate parental rights of my kids dad he has not seen his children for 10 years in a single mother on disability going through breast cancer. How would I terminate his rights?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.I am sorry to hear of your ill health and wish you the best in recovery and health.Unfortunately, in Wisconsin, the termination of parental rights of only one parent at the request of the other generally cannot happen unless there is an accompanying step-parent adoption. In other words, the parental rights of a parent cannot be terminated unless there is a new parent ready and willing to step into that role. Wisconsin’s policy is that a child is entitled to have two legal parents to support them.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any state where a single parent can terminate the other parents parental rights.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
CLICK this link for the information regarding the state laws
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Keep in mind that your child must live in the state where you will file for at least 6 months to have it the child's home state. Or you need to file in the Respondent's state. In other words, you cannot just simply file in any state.

Related Family Law Questions