How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11774
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I file a restraining order against my neighbor who is

Customer Question

How do I file a restraining order against my neighbor who is harassing me over our property line
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: we have a patio home, neighbor's wall butts up to our garden, she has the right to come into my yard to repair said wall, but only to repair said wall if needed. her live in partner is constantly wanting to invade my privacy, in our HOA by laws it says property owner may come in and repair wall if necessary, but her live in has taken it upon herself to harass us and comes in when ever, she is not the property owner and therefore has no rights. this has been an on going thing for two years to the point where my husband and I are sick and not sleeping, HOA rules say that only the owner can come into our yard and only to do repairs to her wall. This woman calls us on the phone, we have had to change our number, she comes to the door, she also carries a gun, she is not the owner of the home in question. They are claiming water is getting into the weep holes of her wall and into her house, when it rains ,because of our gardening. Our soil is well below her foundation; she does however have a bad foundation which she refuses to acknowledge. The Texas A & M university Horticultural agent for Harris County has investigated the situation and has said Quote:" I can't see any way that this is a landscaping problem."
JA: Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: I think we have enough down for the time being, there is a lot more I can say.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Are you asking the procedures that are followed to obtain an injunction/restraining order?

Related Family Law Questions