How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19483
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister is stuck in Vietnam and she is a U.S Citizen. She

Customer Question

My sister is stuck in Vietnam and she is a U.S Citizen. She visited Vietnam about 7 months ago. She was trying to visit for my grandmother death celebration. When she was leaving Vietnam, in the airport, the airport police took her into custody. They're restricted her from leaving Vietnam and ever since then she couldn't leave. She is deaf and disabled. We have gone to the embassy and they kept telling us to wait. We have already waited 7 months and now my sister is mentally and physically weaken.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry to read about your situation. However, if you have already reported the incident to the U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Vietnam, the diplomats are working on her release and there is nothing else that can be done in that situation except check in with the embassy frequently to get an update on the situation. You can also call the State Department to make sure that the embassy is actually working on her release. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I report for her release? Every time my father went to the embassy, they wouldn't even listen to my father. I called the embassy and they said they would call me but end up not calling back.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, but I do not understand your question. Kindly clarify,