How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118175
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lawyer Lori! I just filed my divorce case per se and I did not include pension informa

Customer Question

Hi Lawyer Lori!
I just filed my divorce case per se and I did not include pension information for my soon to be ex spouse in the decree we both signed in agreement. Am I able to add a QDRO to this case as the divorce is not final...just filed. State of Indiana
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, if the divorce is not final and the pensions were not mentioned, you may file a motion for QDRO for the pension plan and ask the court to divide the pension as part of the marital property settlement in the divorce. You can amend the divorce to divide the pension, since the pension was not included in anything and get the court to issue a QDRO.