How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27065
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Harboring a foster child in the state of Ga.making a false

Customer Question

harboring a foster child in the state of Ga.making a false runaway police report is something I can prove my husband has done .the 17 year old is a foster child of NC that we brought to Ga to become her legal guardian she is my second cousin.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, What is the question that you have about this situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There had been no legal repercussion against my husband at all for lying to police about a run away i called today and they will not go after him at all the officer told me. I cant believe no one can do anything about the situation.No even a slap on the hand. I paid a PI to find the runaway and she was with my husband all along. He gets away with- she showed up the day before--- Nothing was done.How can i go about making sure he is charged with something. Even the people who house he was camping in thier o yard knew about this and helped harbor her. unbelievable. I contact DFCS about my husband possible sexual relationship with a foster child. what else can I do to push the issue. and have charges brought against him other in use it in my divorce court. the police and detective will not listen even when i gave them information about it..there has to be some law about foster parent having sex a foster child even if she is 17 . something like a teach student role
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, if the foster child is over the age of consent, the fact that she may be having sex with your husband would not be incest or statutory rape, however improper. It is certainly wrong morally, but the law and morality do not always match up. Some state extend the age of consent to 18 when the other party is a person with authority over her. Georgia's statutory rape statute, however, does not do that. If the police are not interested, you can sometimes initiate a prosecution by going over their heads to the DA's Office and bringing their attention to his harboring and sleeping with a runaway foster child. And if you can prove adultery, that would also be grounds for a divorce, if not for a prosecution. Beyond that, making this a DCFS issue, which you have already done, would be the other option and one that, I sould think, would get more attention. If they find wrongdoing, the authorities would be notified again, but this time by a state agency, which might yield different results.