How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2171
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a child support order for $50 per month established in

Customer Question

I had a child support order for $50 per month established in may of my child support case was being closed because my son is 18 the csea did something wrong and i need help.. Their financial transaction history shows i have been receiving regular payments since 2003 to the sum of $ 11746.11 however when i add up their supposed payments it totals $19579.35 however i have a paper titled Notice Of Support payments from the csea that was sent to me in november 2011 that shows from the start in may of 1998 till november of 2011 they had only collected $1033 dollars and only $250 went to my son. i have received some moneys totaling about 3600 of which i have proof. I have tried to talk to them send them paperwork. now they say I have to go to a state hearing to prove they are wrong. their own payment history doesnt match the letter i received from them. now they say i owe this person who didnt pay almost $2000 in an overpayment i never got.please help a single mother.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, we do not take cases for representation but yes, a hearing in your family court would be the best option to let the judge clarify what the amounts are. You could do this on your own but it would be best to have an attorney do it so that you do not make some sort of mistake.