How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28005
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a warrant that I was unaware of from roughly 10 years

Customer Question

I have a warrant that I was unaware of from roughly 10 years ago in a different state. If I establish a court date, do I still have a warrant? I don't want to be arrested for something I fully plan on taking care of.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
What is the warrant for ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Traffic. Driving while susp
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. A motion can be filed to reset the court hearing and vacate the warrant. In the body of the motion you want to explain to the court why you failed to appear and that you want to correct it and if you can reinstate your license, evidence that to the court to show your license is now valid. You can advise the judge you want to appear and resolve this and ask that the case be set for hearing and the capias lifted or in the alternative the date be set and when you appear that the warrant is lifted.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!