How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a stay at home mom of four past 12 years. My husband

Customer Question

I am a stay at home mom of four for the past 12 years. My husband and I are having troubles and I want to know where I stand before things get to divorce. He was military. I never finished college. We married and had 4 babies in 5 years. I just want to know my rights should our narrative disolve.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
*marraige disolve.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to be sure I have rights to my children without having a job for the past 12 years.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
In my experience the courts generally bit not always give preference to the mother of the children unless there is a history of drug, criminal, or mental issues. Even if you are not working you would be entitled to some spousal support and child support that should allow you to get on your feet. Child support would remain in effect until each child reaches 18.

Related Family Law Questions