How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19132
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My former spouse has retired about a year ago and has looked

Customer Question

My former spouse has retired about a year ago and has looked into his pension plan when we were married. There is QRDO archived with Exxon. He let me know there was and it does mention about his pension and how much pertains to me. He asked me for my address and social security number which I did email to him. That was about two months ago and I haven't heard from him since. I don't like the fact that I had to give him this information.
I really don't know if I can do anything concerning this because it seems that he is in control whether to submit the retirement package or not. I don't have a social security number that is his. Is there anything that I can do?
Thank you in responding,
Dalia Morales
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You need to contact Exxon Pension Plan Administrator as to the status of the QDRO. If you have QDRO on file, the plan administrator should tell how your share of the pension would be distributed to you. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Family Law Questions