How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1104
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good Day, I live in the state of Indiana. I would to know

Customer Question

Good Day,
I live in the state of Indiana. I would to know what i can and cannot do in a divorce i'm filing. One of the things i would like to know is that by me purchasing a vehicle in cash from my business account, would that be considered community property..? And If so, If I sold the vehicle before we get divorce would i have to pay her half of what I sold the vehicle for. Now I'm not contesting half the house or anything unless she contest I items I purchase. I just want some peace and move on in my life. This is the third time I'm filing and the last. Also can I get a divorce attny to represent my in a protective order case she falsely accused me of..? Which I have proof that she lied.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.1. If it's business funds, it doesn't constitute community property - though if you are concerned that she will try to argue that it is it may be wise to refrain from purchase. The business funds, if kept separate from marital funds, are not community property (unless commingled with marital property) and the car would be the same, under the same reasoning.2. If the business sells the car and the funds go back into the business, they are business funds. If, however, YOU are the business and the business is you, she will undoubtedly argue that they - the car and the funds - are marital assets.3. We can't represent clients of the site. The best way to find an attorney is to contact the state bar and ask for a family law atty.I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the money for the vehicle was taken from the business acct. I think. I was sole proprietor before became Inc. Last yr.
Ok yes I picked a not so good woman to marry. Also can I have a divorce attny to represent me in a protective order case she filed against me that is not true. False accusations, which I have proof that she is lying which will destroy her credibility in this case and the divorce I'm assuming. About her contesting items from the house that I purchased, I just want some things I can use for my office which I sleep in now and possibly a couple of things i purchased that can be used for the business. I want nothing she bought and she can keep the house and I will not contest half. as stated before i just want peace in life.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Your divorce attorney can represent you in any action for which you hire him, including a protective order action. With respect to your divorce, my suggestion to you would be to try to come up with a marital settlement Agreement in which you and your spouse state what you will keep from the marriage and what she will keep. I hope this helps. Do you have any other questions that you need me to answer?Please remember to submit a rating so that we receive credit for assisting you. It will NOT cost you anything extra. If you have any follow-up questions I would be happy to answer them.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.