Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am looking on how to rescind an adoption.

Customer Question
I am looking for information...
I am looking for information on how to rescind an adoption.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: what information will assist?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: There is nothing more. Just looking for info on the process.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/11/2016
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
What state is this in regards ***** *****?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Michigan
Is the birth parent or the adoptive parent attempting rescission? Has adoption been finalized
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Adoptive parents attempting rescission. Adoption was finalized in 2015.
thank you for your patience; so a court may rescind an adoption- it is called a petition to vacate or a petition to annul the adoption; however, this is very rare and the burden is on the petitioning party to prove that vacating the adoption is in the child's best interest, that the adoptive parents are unable to care for the child, or that the adoption involved fraud or duress. The court's main concern will be what is in the child's best interests.There are attorneys that specialize in this and they will prepare a memorandum of points and authorities highlighting, with legal precedence, the justification for awarding the annulment.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank You. Are you able to provide contact information for attorneys that specialize in this?
We aren't able to give specific referrals but I will get you a link to the state bar's referral page.
This is for the state bar:http://www.michbar.org/programs/lawyerreferral You can also check client reviews at sites such aswww.avvo.comwww.martindale.comwww.lawyers.comThank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly-Rate Positively-This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.Thank you and take care!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank You
You are most welcome. If you have no further questions, please don't forget to rate my services! Thanks
I noticed you have not rated this question so hopefully you were satisfied with my services; did you have any other questions I could assist with re: the above before rating? The site is not allowed to credit me for assisting you without a positive rating so please don't forget to rate if you were satisfied. And of course if you weren't satisfied please let me know. Thank you.
LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer