Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I live in Mississippi (Rankin County), I have currently filed

Customer Question

I live in Mississippi (Rankin County), I have currently filed a child petetion against the father of my son asking for custody and child
Support. We are now living together ( Unmarried ) and ( mutually )wish to drop the case. My lawyer is telling me this is more than likely not a possibility as the judge may not allow it to just be dropped without stating he is the father and will pay x amount. Is this true? (If it is not true how can we go about getting the case dismissed?)
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a lawyer in Mississippi. I'll be glad to assist. It's certainly possible that the judge will want some assurance that the child will be taken care of, but if it is represented by you and your boyfriend that you're going to be living together and taking care of the child, the judge is likely to dismiss the case.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Thus, you can talk to your lawyer about filing a motion to dismiss and stating in the motion your plans to live together and support one another and the child......and you can always come back and pursue a your petition for child support and custody.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks!
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!