Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Divorce lawyer

Customer Question
divorce lawyer
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
4/10/2016
Family Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 2 years ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
What is your question?
hi! My husbands does not want a divorce, but he wants 50% rights to sleep with kids and take them out whenever he wants
He told me today that I get paid like usually only if I do all the other chores as usually
But he is done with me forever because I am not fun anymore
We were married for 9.5 years and have 2 kids together 5 and 3 years old
He never spent time with them and never took them anywhere until today
So, now, he wants them to sleep in his room, but I need do all other chores
All he wants is to watch movies with them and eat in the restaurants with them together with his parents
His parents are very wealthy and are bored often. They told me many times that they want to see kids more time. I always come to their house twice a week for 4 hours, but it is never enough for them
So, now my husband wants just to do fun stuff with them and if I go and file for a divorce first he will be fighting for 100% custody over kids
I came from Ukraine, I never worked here. I just studied biology in GSU for 2 years. I do not know what should I do
He keeps threatening me with the money all the time. 2 weeks ago he stopped paying for one of our child's school. He motivates this with the fact that I did not cook for him once at 2 am, therefore he does not need to be nice to me anymore
my mother lives with us also, she came form Ukraine 2 years ago and is doing a craft business on Etsy
my husband wants to kick her out of the house because she stood up for me once
My question, is what should I do? Should I file for a divorce first or not?
Are you there?
In which State do you live? Do you want to divorce?
Ely, Counselor at Law