How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116762
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Law Educator only: Does my sister's lawyer have to file

Customer Question

Law Educator only: Does my sister's lawyer have to file papers for the ex parte. If so, can I file papers answering. I believe is is going to ask the judge to dismiss the case.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
He cannot get the case dismissed ex parte, that requires a hearing. He can file a motion to withdraw as her counsel with an ex parte motion and that is what he is likely filing ex parte. Call the clerk of court's office and see what motion was filed ex parte, it is likely his motion to withdraw.

Related Family Law Questions