Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Law Educator only: Does my sister's lawyer have to file

Customer Question
Law Educator only: Does my...
Law Educator only: Does my sister's lawyer have to file papers for the ex parte. If so, can I file papers answering. I believe is is going to ask the judge to dismiss the case.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
4/10/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
He cannot get the case dismissed ex parte, that requires a hearing. He can file a motion to withdraw as her counsel with an ex parte motion and that is what he is likely filing ex parte. Call the clerk of court's office and see what motion was filed ex parte, it is likely his motion to withdraw.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer