How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hey I recently found out I have a warrant support and

Customer Question

Hey I recently found out I have a warrant for non support and I was wanting to if I could a lawyer that could get a new court without me going to jail seems as if it started with a court date
JA: I can help you talk to the lawyer. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: Tell what I have to do to get the lawyer cause I cant work for fear of being lock on my job
JA: OK. The lawyer will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the lawyer can help you best.
Customer: Just out of nowhere the sheriff's showed up to my moms house looking for me stating I have a warrant for my arrest and that's not right since I'm paying the child support
JA: The lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: OK so can I work out a payment plan cause I need the warrant gone so I don't lose my job and can continue paying my support
JA: Anything else I can tell the lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. If a warrant for your arrest has been issued, then it is going to remain outstanding until you are brought in/arrested under the warrant......and a lawyer cannot prevent that from happening. HOWEVER, a lawyer can work with the sheriff's office/police office to turn yourself in, get booked, bond right back out until your court date.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Thus, you can likely work things out where you never actually have to sit in jail, but you're going to have to go through turning yourself in on the warrant/being arrested because that's just part of the warrant process.

Related Family Law Questions