How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19479
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband petitioned I-130 April 2012, the petition

Customer Question

My husband petitioned I-130 for me April 2012, the petition was approved in no time because he is an active military member. I went for my interview 2012. My husband has been previously married twice; he did the 1st divorce back in his home country Nigeria before relocating to US. His 2nd marriage divorce was in done in the US where he met his ex wife and he was able to petition I-130 for his 2nd wife without including his 1st marriage divorce papers and USCIS did not detect or request for it. When he filed for me, he only included the 2nd divorce papers. So during my interview in london embassy, the consular requested that I should present my husband’s 1st divorce decree, which we submitted. It was real used that the divorce decree done in nigeria was fake. my petition was sent back to the USCIS and revoked Oct 2013, they wrote my husband a letter that they detected fraud and he does not have the right to marry and file for me since the 1st divorce finals was husband has just been able to finalize the first divorce in the U.S. Please he want to file for me again. Are we to file I-130 or k1. Please advice
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: complicated immigration issue
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
First, you need to get married again to remove any concerns about the legality of your marriage. Then after you marry again, he can file another I-130 for you. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.