How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There, I am trying to figure out how to change my parenting

Customer Question

Hi there, I am trying to figure out how to change my parenting plan from snohomish county to Okanogan County. The mother closed the child support case completely and I am not sure about the parenting plan. She will not let me see my kids now that we have relocated
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.So both parents have left the county from where the original parenting plan was issued? And what county does the child live in and for how long?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The father has left the county and the mother is planning to leave the county. the children have lived in snohomish county their wholes lives. Children are 3 and 5 years old.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. ***** suggest the Father file for the modification to the parenting plan as soon as possible in Snohomish county. That is the county where the child have a home residency and where it will remain once the modification is filed.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
If the Modification is not filed before the Mother leaves the county it can still be filed in Snohmish county up until the children establish a residency in another county. And that would mean it would then need to be filed in the county where the children live. The venue will follow the children's residency.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
He can file the modification on his own, by getting the documents from the clerk of the court that issued the original order.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks we will plan on running over to Snohomish County and filing that.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and good luck.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
You can review the necessary forms on this LINK But the clerk can provide the entire packet for you.