How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117420
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Having an issues with parenting time in the matter my granddaughter

Customer Question

Having an issues with parenting time in the matter my granddaughter takes a ADHD med controlled substance an other med that was all there when returned .An was with her dad, step mom for easter week came back week of meds weren't there my daughter did notice so call for refill an was told by Dr office she was a week early to refill . By now we know meds missing an not going to take kid back for another visit to dad . she is contacting the court by letter explaining this I'm concerned about if the court says to return her to visit she has a summer month an half visitation whos to say the child receives her meds an they don't be missed used by others. Does she have a reason that will make any difference to the court. She can not refill her med so the child goes to school without her med. an thats a problem for how well her day goes for school.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If medications are being taken by the other parent, then your daughter would need to file her proof in court of that happening and file a motion to modify visitation to ask the court to change or deny the continued visitation based on the father/step mom either taking the child's medications or causing them to not be returned with the child which can cause a material harm to the child. Your daughter cannot just stop visitation and it takes more than a letter to the court, she must file a motion to modify visitation/custody and prove to the court that the father is taking the medication from the child.
If your daughter cannot afford an attorney, she should go to the local legal aid office for assistance, since this could possibly be child neglect and they will assist her in going to court properly on this matter.