How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Pearl, I wanted to know how to file reduction in visitation

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I wanted to know how to file for a reduction in visitation for the father of the child. He has a FRO against him and the court yesterday denied him any more visitations including overnights. This case is with the DCPP involved and they were going to dismiss the case until other evidence was submitted about the father's behavior.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes he also has a FRO against him with his ex-wife
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he has a FRO and the court has told him they would not get any more visitation and overnights, then you need to file a motion to modify custody/visitation in the court that issued the visitation order. In that court you ask the court to change the visitation order and remove his visitation rights.

Related Family Law Questions