How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116711
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in income based apts.....they told me i had to go and

Customer Question

i live in income based apts.....they told me i had to go and do signing of papers to continue living here...i go..i ask for copies to read first..i get told it is just the stuff needed for the financial help...i get told i can sign or move out..i asked while signing for copies...i was not given copies...what do i do, i dont want to piss people off and be homeless..but i am tired of the constant abuse..people break in my apt and sooo much more all the time..i have no privacy and no respect...but..i dont want to be homeless
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally, you do have to sign them if they are required for the financial assistance or for the lease, but legally they also must give you a copy of anything that you signed. If they are refusing to give you copies of what you signed, then you need to go back to the office and ask them for copies. If they refuse to provide copies, then you need to contact the local housing and urban development office and ask them for copies, since the landlord has to send the forms into them for their records.

Related Family Law Questions