How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28063
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Arizona. My husband is incarcerated and has filed

Customer Question

I live in Arizona. My husband is incarcerated and has filed papers for an annulment. I do not one, I want a divorce because he used my pink slip for my car to get the money to hire a attorney for his DUI case. I will not be able to sell my car if he cannot pay the loan company in full. Would I be better off filinf for the divorce now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. When you ask if you would be better off, do you mean if you handle it on your own?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean shuld I get a divorce lawyer to help me with this problem?
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
It is always in your best interest to retain legal counsel. If he tries to get the marriage annulled the burden would be on him to show there is a basis for it. If he can not show and support it then divorce would be the route to go. If the divorce would be uncontested, you could handle it on your own but if he starts fighting the counsel should be retained
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!