How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11814
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If dss has filed with the court with

Customer Question

If dss has filed with the court for intervention with nonremoval but a hearing or order has not been approved or signed by a judge , does it have any bearing whatsoever?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Kindly provide proper foundation for your question. Thank you for your cooperation,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Background Info: I voluntarily consented to placing my children with my mother in law 7 mths ago. while an SCDSS investigation/case was carried out.No court orders or hearings have been executed, NO COURT involvement up to present day. I have been tolerantof months of alienation from my childrenbut now that I have been told they are not doing well or being properly cared for , I wish to revoke said consent. I would like to know what the options for DSS after I retain the children in my physical custody, I know they can get EPC but they would have to do the 72hr probable cause and present to a judge what the reasons were...and at this point I have remedied several of the concerns that kicked off the investigation: left abusive husband, safe, clean home, and I am able to support my children...So if I schedule a meeting with the casework and present him with the appropriate paperwork to confirm the previously stated and offer for him to visit my home etc. what possible recourse could he have? I already am prepared for him to go to court but trying to avoid the EPC.... I attached the letter I wrote to revoke my consent...
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
It appears that this is a duplicate post. I have already answered exact question for you here:. Let me know if you need additional information. Thank you for the positive rating on the previous post.