How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11772
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Info on petition to modify parent-child relationship JA:

Customer Question

Info on petition to modify parent-child relationship
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: In May I will have been divorced 3 years. Currently we have joint managing conservatorship with my ex husband being the "primary". I received papers last night stating he is suing me to either keep my children from me 100% or alternatively be required to have supervised visitation. Also to never be in the presence of my fiancé whom I reside with whom is required to register as a sex offender. He has full custody of his 8 year old daughter which was granted after his sentence. No stipulations whatsoever nothing aggravated just something that went wrong in the past. Additionally no child support or any other orders were granted in MY divorce but now am being asked to pay child support plus 100%health insurance plus 50% of uncovered expenses plus child care and private school costs in full. I am trying to gather info from every which way I can...I have money for a lawyer but would like some direction right this moment. Thank you.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: NO
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Additionally I gave him written notice of my intent to marry and living situation with a previous sex offender as required in our original divorce papers.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your question?

Related Family Law Questions