How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A Filipino woman living in Michigan wishes to marry an American.

Customer Question

Filipino woman living in Michigan wishes to marry an American. She has been estranged from her Filipino husband for over 30 years. She has 6 grown children from this husband. Raised them on her own. Worked as a domestic in Hong Kong for 30 years. Been in Michigan since Oct 2014 sponsored by her daughter who lives in Michigan.
Can she get a quick Michigan divorce so she can marry again in Michigan?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Longhorn Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
This is the immigration topic area, so I cannot answer questions related to family law (eg. divorce). Do you have any immigration questions related to this? If so, we can dual categorize this, where I can help with immigration and someone else can help with the divorce issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no this would be for divorce purpose only at this point. Thank you
Expert:  Longhorn Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
OK, thank you. I will forward this to the family law section. Please be patient, as this sometimes takes a while to do.