How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 871
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My granddaughter has be living with me 3 years i

Customer Question

my granddaughter has be living with me for about 3 years i don't have custody of her only papers from the courts saying that she lives with me because her mother at the time had no place for her to live mean time the mother got pregnant again with another father my granddaughter was seeing her mother every other weekend she stop that last month and gave all of her daughters things back to me it sounds like she doesn't want anything to do with her daughter anymore my son is the father and does see her every other weekend i carry her medical and support her by myself and my husband she is eight years old what are my right i would like to file for custody
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.I'm glad you said you want to file for custody - because that was what I was going to suggest you do. It would help if you had your son's consent (and the mom's but I suspect you won't be able to secure that). The first thing to do would be to go to the family court and ask if they have a packet of materials for pro se litigants if you don't have an attorney. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.

Related Family Law Questions