Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

SOCIAL SECURITY AND RECEIVING FOOD STAMPS I DO NOT WORK DO I

Customer Question

I AM ON SOCIAL SECURITY AND RECEIVING FOOD STAMPS I DO NOT WORK DO I HAVE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Child support is based on your income, and Social Security is counted as income. Chances are that you will have to pay something, even if you have limited income. The idea is that you're expected to contribute the same amount to raising your children as you would if you were living with the other parent, even if that's not a lot of money. If your income plus the custodial parent's is less than $950, you may not have to pay. You will also not have to pay any amount that would put your income below $867 per month.

This calculator provided by the state will help you get an idea of how much a judge could enter as a child support order.

https://www.humanservices.state.pa.us/CSWS/CSWS_controller.aspx?IeEd0N9[email protected]@[email protected]itddXp_

It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.